The Reasons Why...

Dear ex-Friend,

I put you down, under my feet, because you were not in my life to encourage or uplift me, but you caused me to become a resident of a state known as COMPLACENCY!
But don't worry, I'm not alone, see God saw my need and lead me to a new family, at my new home. They are part of a life that you may never understand. Their hearts are open, their minds are free. They would never hurt me the way you did. They understand what real relationships are about. Between brother and sister, man and woman, boy and girl, they understand that the foundation has to be built on something stable, solid -- TRUST!
We never really did have a foundation, there never really was any trust -- you could trust me, but I could only trust you to be who you are and who you always will be and what that boils down to is someone I can't trust.
I was always there when you needed me to be, but you only showed up for me when you knew that it would benefit you, make you look good in my eyes.

The bottom line is you broke my heart, a heart that was already shattered and I really got tired of crying the same ol' tears, hearing the same ol' lies...
I got tired of being sick and tired and I learned that I have to love me more than anyone else and when I did well the love I thought I had for you was lost.
We are just too different personalities, in too different places in life. I could not see a lot about me before because you were standing in my way, blocking my view (a few of my blessings). Now, I see the path that God has laid out for me and I don't see "us" in it. There's you and then there's me. We are moving in opposite directions on my map.

It's not that I don't care anymore -- about you - but I've learned to care about me more. I've learned that TIFFANY comes before you and I wasn't taking God or self (in this order) into consideration before. I've grown a lot over the past 3 years and what that means is that my priorities have changed.

THIS IS A BREAK-UP LETTER, just in case you missed the memo. A "shout-out" during holidays and birthdays but other than that, well...
It was fun while it lasted.

THESE ARE THE REASONS WHY,
Tiffany W. Stewart
A Chosen Vessel

P.S. Remember it doesn't matter how much I love you, but how much you love yourself and that JESUS loves you the most.

Comments

Popular Posts