AMAZING GRACE

Amazing Grace (Monologue)
-- Written by T. Stewart

I am not afraid to die because in HIM I live always.
Amazing Grace, Amazing Grace! How sweet the sound that saved a wrench like me!
The things in life that get me down, the things sent to cause the reflection of myself to change… The situations and circumstances in life that cause me to doubt whether I can make it through… but…
I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
There were and still are people in my life that are there to discourage and disapprove of everything that I do and say and attempt to achieve… but…
'Twas Grace that taught my heart to fear and Grace my fears relieved.
I was afraid to do those things that made me vulnerable to the world's opinions. I was afraid to fail, I was afraid to succeed… but…
How precious did that Grace appear the hour I first believed?
When I thought that I was alone, when I thought that I had no one to comfort or hold me, whenever there was a cold wind that suddenly blow through a room that I was sitting in while all the windows and all the doors where locked and sealed tight, whenever that cold wind blew through, that presence that was left behind, I couldn't place it's origin, so there I sat sitting thinking I was alone, but…
Through many dangers, toils, and snares I have already come.
The stumbling blocks that lay in my path, people that caused me doubt and fear, anything and everyone that has ever caused me to shed an unhappy tear, they all tried to hold me back, hold me down, but…
'Tis Grace hath brought me safe thus far and Grace will lead me home.
I have a divine purpose and divine destiny, given by God to me. So no matter what may come or what may be…
The Lord has promised good to me, his words my hopes secures.
My destiny is already mapped out and already a plan in action, all my trials are a setup and my expectations are of God not me…
He will my shield and portion be as long as life endures.
My Father in heaven will protect me and by his might and power I will overcome and survive all that this world has placed upon me…
When we've been there ten thousand years, bright shining as the sun,
The battle won't be easy but the end is predestined to be victory and God's glory won.
We've no less days to sing God's praise than we'd first begun.
It is by God's grace that I made it through; Grace covered me and held my hand. God loved me and gave me his grace; he helped my dull light shine like a pearl. He's my Father and I'm his baby girl. God's unmerited favor and love that I undeservingly received is amazing and immeasurable. Knowing I'm covered in grace make life's biggest problems appear more conquerable.
Amazing Grace, Amazing Grace! How sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.

(12/09/07)
-- Words to Amazing Grace by John Newton, 1779


Comments

Popular Posts