Walking on Water



Almost all of my life I have allow boat talkers to influence the decisions I make and have made. Even when I thought I was stepping out on faith and making my own decisions, I would allow the whispers and extreme looks of disapproval to pull me back into the boat. (or keep me trapped in this holding pattern.)


Now here I am stuck because I have allowed the boat talkers to influence the decisions that I have made in my life. I have allowed them to be the anchors around my feet holding in place. It's has now come time to cut the rope attached to the anchor holding me in the boat with all those boat talkers.


If you are confused and don't know what boat talkers are then allow me to explain: BOAT TALKERS: are the nay-sayers, the sideline folk, your comrades that are standing behind you telling you what you can't do, what you shouldn't do, what you won't do, or even about they shoulda, coulda, woulda did only if… These are the people standing behind you for a reason and it ain't to hold you up! It's because they aren't moving, they are going anywhere. Being stuck in this boat is the same at being stuck in a holding pattern. If you are once again confused, a holding pattern is that recurring pattern that happens in life, when you are moving forward with nothing, you're not regressing on anything you are just moving in circles. You can see the blessing but you can't reach it because you flying in circles and your boat talkers, well they are the ones co-piloting the plane that you are flying on, keeping you from getting to your blessing. Well, guess what you have the power to land that plane and get off that boat and walk on water. Jesus is right there within your reach if you ever feel like you can't handle it, all you have to do is maintain the RIGHT focus, and NEVER take your eyes off of HIM! Because it's when you do that the influence of the boat talkers will creep back in and "you will lose your footage" and start to sink.


The things you deem impossible or unobtainable, like walking on water, are just the things that God wants you to trust him with. This is my sermon to myself… I'm not talking to you (or am I…).


Okay so here is my first water walking step…
A friend once said that if you are working a job that you dislike then that means that you shouldn't be there, well… there it is… I'm quitting my job! I have no idea where my next dollar is coming from but Peter didn't know what was going to hold him up on that waving, rocking water when he step out of that boat. All he had was Jesus' invitation, one word, 4 letters, COME! (Matthew 14:22-33)


Remember: "Whatever storm you have in your life, God has it under his feet!"


I have had the plans in slow-motion to start my own event-planning business; well the time has come to speed those plans up… I wrote a business plan 2 years ago and now I need to get it analyzed by a professional business plan and grant writer.


Next step… A great friend and mentor advised me that I need to network to put my name in the ear of the people who will need my services in the future with a networking event. I have one planned out on paper, but that's not doing me any good just laying there on this sheet of paper now is it… so the next step is to host my networking event (and you are all invited *smile*)! I have to let EVERYONE know who I am, what my name is, and what I do!!


Okay that last thing was I need to show people what I do, so I have all these events planned out on paper and in my head, so now I need to bring them to life, I have been given creative clearance and now it is time to LAND THIS PLANE AND GET OUT OF THIS BOAT!


My Pastor says that the best sermon ever preached isn't the one that makes you all excited and cry, shout, hoop and holla, it's the one you act upon. This is a 2 for 1… I'm coming out my holding pattern and getting out of my boat! Both great sermons preached by my pastor, Pastor Craig L. Oliver, Sr @ Elizabeth Baptist Church in Atlanta, GA (www.elizabethbaptist.org)! Where we lovingly lead the lost… *smile*


Well… that's as far as I got… Any thoughts?

Comments

  1. YOU CAN DO IT GIRL. Let the boat talkers talk till they are blue in the face. Walk on water, I know I will be. Trust that you have the power through Jesus Christ our savior.

    The Diva

    ReplyDelete
  2. uuuAll I'm saying is you KNOW what you need to do...make it happen capt'n.

    -K.F.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts