WORRY-BE-GONE

Boy am I in trouble...
In review of "A Purpose Driven Life" I came across this highlighted text in my book. (pg.314, Day 40)


"How you do you know when God is the center of your life? When God's at the center, you worship. When he's not, you worry. Worry is the warning light that God has been shoved to the sideline. The moment you put him back at the center, you will have peace again. The Bible says,' A sense of God's wholeness... will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.'" (Philippians 4:7)

My biggest problem lately has been -- worrying! I worry about everything. I am soo full of whatifs that it's ridiculous. I need to change my focus and center myself. This I know but knowing and doing are 2 totally different things.

I had my options for fixing the latest problem already laid out but once I read this text last night before I went to bed, my options changed. I can't afford to keep taking life's little situations into my own hands. I get this whole worrying thing from my mother she worries about everything, things that she shouldn't be bothered with, so I have to break this curse before I pass it on to my kids.

I need some "Worry-be-gone" spray or something like that. Everytime I start to even think about worrying about stuff, just spray and walk away. Hey wait a mintue I got it...

Let's try this again... "Worry-be-gone" Everytime I start to worry about stuff, just PRAY and walk away!

There is it...

Comments

Popular Posts