Have you found joy in your life?

Have you found joy in life? Has your life brought joy to others?

Not that I believe in the Egyptian practices and rituals for preparing themselves for death, or rather the afterlife, but I was watching "The Bucket List" and it came up, I thought it was interesting... They believe that when you die, you have to answer for the life that you have lived. When you arrive at the gates of judgement. there are 2 questions that you have to answer that will determine how you will be judged...

1. Have you found joy in your life?
2. Has your life brought joy to others?
Humm... I think?

Well, what I do know is that both questions work hand in hand. I mean how is it possible for you to bring joy to the lives of others when you haven't found any joy in your own life. You can't give what you don't have... So I decided to ask myself these questions...

"Tiff, have you found JOY in your life?"
Answer: Yes, yes I have. I have found great joy in my life. One of my favorite to sing when I'm starting to feel down and out is "this JOY that I have the world didn't give it to me..." There are so many things in my life that bring me joy but I will save you the trouble to reading them all and just say that the answer is YES, yes I have found joy in my life.

"Tiff, have you brought JOY to the life of others?"
I would like to say that I have but the only way to find out for sure is to survey those in my life. I would like say that I have made a joyful noise into the lives of everyone, okay almost everyone, I've come in contact with. I mean there were/are times in my life when the joy of the Lord just felt really far away from me. And like I said when you don't have it to give...

But at this point in my life I can say that YES I have JOY and the essence of my JOY has left it's footprints on the souls, hearts, and lives of others --

(Written on July 19, 2008)


Comments

Popular Posts