Prayer of Jabez

1 Chronicles 4:10 says: (NIV) Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, " Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request.
There is song my Donald Lawrence and the Tri-Singers in regards to this scripture of the bible. (Bless Me -- The Prayer of Jabez)
With all that I have been going through with my current financial situation and the stress I am going through because of my bills and my job, I have become quite reliable on this prayer. But the problem therein lays from the faith that I need to have in God to do for me what he did for Jabez. I believe that it wasn't just Jabez's prayer that allowed God to granted his request, he had to open a window of faith in God's ability to do so.
My problem is that I want to do all the works and have little faith. (Pray for me on this!) The prayer of Jabez is a short, one verse prayer with four requests that were faithfully granted by God.
Requests: 1. He is asking for God to bless him in every circumstance in his life. To be blessed by God is to live abundantly. 2. Jabez asked to enlarge his territory, rather for a better job, bigger home, a better life than what he was living. (Something I want, rather something I need). 3. He prayed that with everything that he does he has God's presence, power and love. 4. Finally, he prayed that God keep him from sickness and suffering, pain and heart-ache.
He did all this and guess what happened at the end of the scripture: GOD GRANTED HIS REQUEST!! The prayer of Jabez has everything in it that I believe that is needed when it comes to my life. I need the better job, home, I need God's presence to run through my life, and I need to be held safe from harm and danger. But most of all I need to pray for these things in faith. In order to for me to recieve the same results as Jabez.
But I find it hard to pray in faith when things just don't seem to be happening right away. I know that God works on his on time, but GA Power, Cingular Wireless, Comcast Cable, Scana Energy, and my leasing office work on their own schedule too. In the words of Smokie Norfolk, "I need you now!" It seems the closer I get to him, the harder things get for me.
Okay now here's the question: How is it that I have to maintain the faith of Jabez and Job, in my current situation? My bills are falling behind and I can't see a way to get them paid, right now. My job sucks and Im getting into disagreements also everyday with management. God's got me worried... How do I get rid of the worry and the stress? How do I get back that mustard seed faith that I lived on all these years?
Be blessed. Tiffany

Comments

Popular Posts