RELIGION vs. RELATIONSHIP

After a discussion on Facebook on Tuesday, I started thinking, this would be a great topic to blog on... hummm, so I am! Stay with me now! ☺

It is my opinion that religion is a political set of rules that control the way we worship. (my opinion) I believe that it is religion that keeps us separated. The differences in religion, the different denominations... You worship Allah, Those over there worship Buddha, but I worship God! We are different, agreed? Good let's move on...
Just because I do something religiously doesn't mean that I am a religous person. It doesn't have an affect on whether I have a relationship at all. I can choose to religiously to anything I choose to devote myself to. There are people who choose to religiously NOT worship God ~ Aethist, they choose to religiously deny God's existence! So I'm just trying to layout the ground work, having RELIGION & RELIGIOUSLY doing something aren't the same... (my opinion, again)

Religion is set into place by man. But relationship is given to us by the Holy Spirit. Having religion doesn't guarantee that you will have a relationship. The crowd of people that crucified Jesus were people of religion. The Pharisee's were Jewish RELIGIOUS leaders that lacked a relationship.


Question #1: Just because someone is doing something religiously does it mean that they have religion?
Question #2: Just because someone has religion does that mean that they have a relationship?
Question #3: Just because someone has relationship does that mean that they have religion?
Question #4: Should we as Christians value one over the other? Religion over Relationship? Relationship over Religion?



I'm having a bit of writer's block trying to close this blog out soo...

p.s. I chose not to quote any scriptures... I leave that put to you!

Comments

Popular Posts